oops line 231 of latest readinode.c

Simon Haynes simon at baydel.com
Wed Nov 17 13:02:05 EST 2004

This crash happened on one of several systems which I have been running for
over a year. This crash came out of the blue when the system was updating a
logfile with a message. It has performed many writes during this time and I
have never seen this problem before. As far as trying to reproduce the
problem is concerned.
Some time ago I used a program to exercise the flash to try and track other
problems and as I said before I have never seen this oops before. Besides
performing more flash exercising tests I would not have a clue how I could
reproduce this.

So in summary this crash was out of the blue and I suspect that I can not
easily reproduce it without understanding more about what happened.

Cheers

Simon.