remove the 'totlen' field from node_ref

Artem B. Bityuckiy abityuckiy at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 15 04:03:16 EST 2004

Hello,

I see there were efforts to remove the 'totlen' field from the
jffs2_raw_node_ref structure. But it is not done yet.

As I understand, in order to succesfullt done this improvements, all the
space in flash must be represented by means of nodes. This means, we
should keep padding node references (jffs2_raw_node_ref for paddigs)
in-core too.

Why is this work not done yet? Are there some difficulties? May be some
problems arise when we pad to the end of NAND page/Flash block but the
padding length is not sufficient to write the padding node and we just
write some pattern?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,