BUG in JFFS2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Nov 15 03:45:26 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:27 +0300, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've hit on bug in JFFS2, but I can not reproduce it easilly yet. I have
>   stess test which in general creates files, deletes them, creates
> directories and deletes them, and so on so on. When I run this test
> nightly, I see the following error when I come at work in the morning:
>
> kernel BUG at
> /tester/linux/linux-2.6.8-1.521up-custom-nopreempt/fs/jffs2/gc.c:1164!

In my copy of v1.137 there's three instances of BUG_ON() around there,
but none at line 1164. They're at lines 116[123].

Start by changing it from a simple BUG_ON() to a printk saying precisely
what went wrong and giving all the other information which might be
relevant. If you can just trap into a debugger when it happens, that's
even better.

--
dwmw2