jffs2 root filesystem

Michael xemc at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 13:00:10 EST 2004

> FAT: bogus logical sector size 5349

This is wierd.  I wonder if it's trying to mount it as a FAT
filesystem first.  Most people usually include 'rootfstype=jffs2'
in the command line.

> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at
> 0x00000000:
> 0x0016 instead

I think there's mention of this in the mailing list.  Can you try
searching the archives and see what this indicates?

> Freeing init memory: 64K
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

> why can't i use mtd as my root disk

It looks like you ARE using MTD for your root disk.  I usually get
this "unable to open an initial console" warning / error when the
device file /dev/console doesn't exist.  Perhaps the above error is
messing up the root filesystem.

BTW, have you tried booting off a ramdisk and manually mounting
that partition?  That should clear up most of the issues that you'd
run into, but it's much easier to debug.

I hope this makes sense and that it helps.

Mike