JFFS2 memLevel and windowBits

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 29 03:35:08 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 16:24 +0800, Karl(Kai) Ji wrote:
> memLevel=7 and windowBits=15 seems to be ok but memLevel=8 and windowBits=14
> unfortunately do not work. Why is that? From reading the comments in
> zlib.h/zconf.h seems such modification is allowed.

I've no idea -- I treat zlib very much as a black box. I note that zlib
1.2 is released and claims to have significant performance improvements.

You might try using that in the kernel instead, although you'd need to
port the changes which have been made to zlib 1.1.3 since it was
included.

Alternatively, look at http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/jffs2/

--
dwmw2