mtdparts howto required!!

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 17:16:21 EST 2004

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 12:30 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:

[snip]

> I'm not sure I understand this. What does physmap.c need to do other
> than passing in the 'master' mtd device as the first argument to
> parse_mtd_partitions()?

The ioremap fails before it can get this far because there is no start
address or size defined for the default device. I've patched in a
generic map as follows and its then fine.

struct map_info physmap_map = {
	.name = "phys_mapped_flash",
	.size = CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN,
	.buswidth = CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_BUSWIDTH,
	.phys = CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START,
};

I may have missed something here - perhaps something is supposed to set
these values by probing but if thats the case I've missed it I'm afraid!!

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand