used percent in "df" command

w h wh3cq at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:34:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I use Moto Dragonball MX1 (arm920T)to startup my cramfs root fs. All work
ok, but there is an information I wonder why. Is there anyone who can
explain?

Actually the cramfs rootfs downloaded takes up only 4016K which is smaller
than the whole space(mtdblock2) 12448 allocated to root filesystem。But why
dose "Use% = 100%" exist?

The information after "df" command is as following:

/dev/mtdblock/2          12448     12448         0 100% /

I want "df" to show actually used percent.What can I do? Is there any place
I can do some modificaton?