DoC MilPlus32 try to get working???

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Jun 18 11:11:35 EDT 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 14:56, Carlos, John J USAATC wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been trying to get diskonchip to work with the MilPlus chip.  I
> have merged the drivers in the devices directory in diskonchip.c  I still
> have to see if the bad block table is working/implemented.  This is the
> error message I get the first time after a boot up that I insmod
> diskonchip. Subsequent insmods of diskonchip just report no valid boot
> record.

You insmod drivers/mtd/nand/diskonchip .
Why does it show INFTL messages ?
Who is calling INFTL functions?
Before you start playing with INFTL the chip driver itself must be fully
functional.

>   Could anyone tell me what the cause is.  I guess I need to get the bad
> block checking working first before anything else?
>
> mtd: Giving out device 4 to DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
> in inftl_add_mtd
> INFTL: add_mtd for DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
> INFTL: INFTL_mount(inftl=0xc1cc6600)
> INFTL: find_boot_record(inftl=0xc1cc6600)
> INFTL: block read at 0x0 of mtd4 failed: -22
> INFTL: block read at 0x8000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> INFTL: block read at 0x10000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> INFTL: block read at 0x18000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> INFTL: block read at 0x20000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> INFTL: further failures for this block will not be printed
> INFTL: could not find valid boot record?
> INFTL: could not mount device
> NFTL: add_mtd for DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
> Block read at 0x0 of mtd4 failed: -22
> Block read at 0x8000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> Block read at 0x10000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> Block read at 0x18000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> Block read at 0x20000 of mtd4 failed: -22
> Further failures for this block will not be printed
> Could not find valid boot record
> NFTL: could not mount device
> #
>
> Thanks to all who have been answering my calls for help!!!!
> John

Thomas
From slash dot org
"When customers are visiting, engineers are not allowed to wear ties.
That way the customer can tell who is the engineer and who is the
salesman (and therefore whom to believe.). Ties cut off blood flow
to the brain, making it easier for the salesmen to do their jobs."
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
http://www.linutronix.de
mail: tglx at linutronix.de