Prune obsolete raw_node_ref's from RAM

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe at zylin.com
Wed Jul 14 02:51:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 08:41, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 08:26 +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> > Would all the performance problems go away if the lists were doubly
> > linked?
>
> Well yes, but since the object of the exercise was to save memory,
> doubling the size of the objects in question doesn't really strike me as
> being the right way to approach the problem :)

The memory problem I ran into wasn't the size of the un-obsolete nodes,
but that they grew with the number of obsolete nodes.

I hate #if's in code as much as the next guy, but JFFS2 spans deeply
embedded systems to full-fledged PCs and it is only to be expected that
the different profiles have different needs.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com