[RFC] refactoring MTD cmdset ops, jedec_probe, and cfi_probe

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jul 13 04:02:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 01:05 -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> That part does not look to bad...

Would be interesting to know if it works though ... :)

> Although there has been some error handling from cfi_cmdset_0002.c which
> disturbs me.  Seeing as I'm good at finding flaky NOR flash parts...

I assume you mean some error handling _removed_ from cfi_cmdset_0002.c

I don't recall doing that myself... can you elaborate?

> That time line is a bit challenging.  My safe guess was about a week to get
> everything written and tested...

Yeah, that seems reasonable. I'll sync to Linus this week anyway, then I
can do it again in August when I get back and the dust has settled on
your changes.

--
dwmw2