DOC2k booting speed ...

Philippe philippe at accuitee.com
Mon Jan 26 10:05:06 EST 2004

Hi,

I’m using
-          doc2000 (32MB)
-          via c3 800
-          linux kernel 2.4.22
-          mtd mtd-snapshot-20040124.tar.bz2
-          I use nftl

I have build a little system (kernel+initrd). My initrd is about 4MB
compressed (10MB uncompressed)
I have set up grub in the doc

When grub is booting, it takes 10 seconds to load the kernel and 35 seconds
to load the initrd.
 -> 5MB loaded : 45sec

When I boot from the Doc but with loading from the hard drive it takes 1
seconds to load the kernel and 2 seconds to load the initrd.
 -> 5MB loaded : 3sec

on the m-sys web, they say that the DOC2k should have a read rate about
1MB/s so if I’m right everything should be loaded in less than 10sec

If anyone has a clue

Thanks

Philippe