nand flash driver problem

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Tue Jan 13 08:08:01 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:50:05AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:30 +0800, ????????? wrote:
> >              I also do another test for reading or writing Nand flash by MTD
> > block driver and it is ok (I mean reading or writing 200KB data from/to Nand
> > flash is not more than 1 second).  So I don't know what the problem is. Do
> > anyone meet the similar problem or any idea?
>
> Use profiling to see where it's spending all its time. Read the
> 'readprofile' man page.

The time it takes to write to a regular file depends a lot on the
buffer size when copying data. Some implementations of cp, for
example, always use the same buffer size and doesn't use stat or
statfs to find out the blocksize of the destination file system. I
guess the compression in JFFS2 is a bottleneck when copying too small
chunks.

/Jonas