How to access NOR flash

Eisenhut, Daniel (MED) Daniel.Eisenhut at med.ge.com
Fri Feb 27 15:52:41 EST 2004

I've been trying to figure out how to access NOR flash using MTD for the
last couple days but without success.  Can someone point me in the right
direction?

I have two NOR flash chips, each with it's own Chip Select, that are
mapped into physical memory.  I just need to be able to erase and write
whole blocks without the use of an overlaying filesystem.

I looked through the archives (is there a good way to search it?) and
noticed that there were significant changes made last Oct/Nov that
invalidate the howto.  I'm not sure how to proceed to setup the
necessary partitions and mtdblock devices.  What configuration options
and changes do I have to make?

Dan