Can 256K erase blocks work with JFFS2?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Feb 15 12:05:09 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 08:54 -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
>   mkfs.jffs2 revision 1.19
>
> This version appears to have the code that understands that 256 means
> KiB.

I don't think so. That wasn't added till v1.23, in March 2002.

> And, it still produces an image that is substantially larger that the
> source data as well as being larger than the total available flash.
>
>   elf at florence ~...coastal/arm > mkfs.jffs2 -e 256kb -r root -o toucan.jffs

The -e option takes only numbers; the defaults in the help text do seem
to imply otherwise -- I should probably fix that. But even if I _did_
fix it to understand KiB/MiB, you're actually telling it above that you
want an erasesize of 256000 bits :)

Try '-e 262144' or '-e 0x40000'

--
dwmw2