Problems with DOC Millennium Plus

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Feb 4 05:30:32 EST 2004

If your mailer is broken and loses References: headers, get a real one.
Don't just remove 'Re:' from your subject line to get around the
filters.

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 02:12 -0800, Roy Lauer wrote:
> > The DiskOnChip Millennium Plus uses INFTL not NFTL.
> You should be very
> > careful using the current INFTL code -- it does not
> observe the Bad Block Table.
>
> What does it mean?
> Does it mean that practically the current INFTL code
> is unusable with the DiskOnChip Millennium Plus?
>
> The DOC is recognized correctly but I keep getting
> "corrupt block" errors (please see the log below).

It does indeed look like it's trying to erase blocks which are actually
bad -- which it should have _known_ are bad if it had been able to read
the BBT.

We really do need to implement support for reading the BBT.

--
dwmw2