JFFS3 & performance

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Dec 22 10:37:48 EST 2004

> Hi again
>
> Can you do
> 1) First run a forward and then a backward version on memory space >=
2*L1 cache
> 2) Then do two forward runs on the same memory.
>
> Compare the delta between 1) and 2)
> That should give a clue if it is worth having a backward version.
We may do this, but frankly speaking I don't understand the goal. IMHO, we
believe that backward checking is better providing things with prefetching
is equivalent. So, IMHO, we just need to grasp with prefetching issues...

> Have you look at the assembler Engler32 generates? Every instruction
counts
> in such small loops.
Which arch?

> PS.
>  I am levaing for Christmas in 2 hours and will be offline more or less
until January
>  so I guess I won't be much help in the near future.
Ok, we may continue discusssing on Jan :-)

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,