JFFS3 & performance

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sat Dec 18 22:05:41 EST 2004

On Sat, 18 December 2004 19:13:35 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > Nope.  I completely ignored the remainding byte if len is uneven and
> > didn't bother much about the usual corner-cases.  Xor with ~0, off by
> > one, all that.  It's not performance relevant, so that can be done
> > later.
>
> Yes, I noticed that but crc16(~0, "abcd", 4) does
> not yield the same result as mine.

int main()
{
	int *i = (void*)"abcd";
	printf("%d", *i % 65521);
}

17544

This results differs from both.  Maybe I can understand the difference
after getting some sleep.

Jörn

--
They laughed at Galileo.  They laughed at Copernicus.  They laughed at
Columbus. But remember, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.