JFFS2 mount time

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 16 07:53:51 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 19:02, Gareth Bult (Encryptec) wrote:
> Hi,

Quick FYI, don't top post.  The email gremlin will chase you down and
make you read http://david.woodhou.se/email.html if you break too many
rules ;)

> Sure, the file I've been changing is blkmtd.c.

Ok, cool.

> The device I'm aiming for and testing on is 256Mb with a 128k erase
> size.
>
> Currently I'm using the code included in the 2.6.9 kernel source tree
> with tools from cvs as of about a week ago.

Ok, good.

> Is this likely to contain the latest speedups or should I be looking
> elsewhere?

That should have the speedups I was referring to.  Basically checking
the node CRCs is deferred until after mount time so the mount succeeds
much more quickly.

There is one more feature pending that I know of.  Ferenc Havasi has
some eraseblock summary changes that should help.  I believe the
intention was to commit that to JFFS3, but I haven't seen it go in yet.

josh