Flash programming

Subrahmanyam subrahmanyam at navayuga.co.in
Wed Dec 15 23:09:03 EST 2004

Hi Craig,

Thank you, actually our target comprises of an intel processor(iop80321), a
flash(Intel NOR) and a ram, two usb ports and a ieee1394 port. In the flash
there are drivers for existing system to work, my present requirement is to
store a certain key/data/string in the flash, which shall be dynamically be
modifiable by an user interface provided to the host, when connected to the
target either through usb/firewire ports.

Firstly, I have looked into mtd drivers to store data (which basically is a
key, a group of characters) in the flash, but I am not clear whether this
will work or I have to look into jffs2 file system also, basically my path
is not clear whether I have to use mtd/jffs2.

I will be thankful if you can suggest an approach, for storing the key
(group of characters).

Thanks,
Subrahmanyam.