Trouble with mtd partition

Ccool ccool at ninjatech.biz
Sat Aug 28 16:00:36 EDT 2004

Le 27 Août 2004 04:28, Ian Campbell a écrit :
> > If it helps (because I surely don't understand what's happenning), it is
> > like if the partition structure in the physmap.c was not taken count off.
>
> The example you said had the contents of the partition structure
> definition surrounded with "#if 0" / "#endif". Perhaps you should change
> that to a 1.
I just tried that, and it did'nt work, I still have:

/ # cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 01000000 00040000 "Physically mapped flash"

I would really like it if my mtd1,mtd2, etc partitions were working...

> Also make sure you have the CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS turned on in your
> config (and CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS for mtdparts= if that's your
> thing).

Yeah, I did that, but I think CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS is giving me some kind
of error.  When I do a "dmesg" I get this message

physmap flash device: 1000000 at ff000000
 Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table v1.2 at 0x0040
number of CFI chips: 1
cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling fast programming due to code brokenness.
mtd: Giving out device 0 to Physically mapped flash
$Id: ftl.c,v 1.45 2003/01/24 23:31:27 dwmw2 Exp $
ftl_cs: FTL header not found.

As you can see, cfi_cmdset_0002 gets itself disable.  I don't know if this is
the cause of the problem ?!?

My init string is:
Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 nfsroot=10.0.0.2:/exports/823_new
ip=10.0.0.10 root=/dev/nfs
mtdparts=physmap:512k(boot)ro,1M(zImage)ro,3M(ramdisk.gz)ro

I've read many "how to" to get this right, but this is my "best" result.  I
really don't know what to do next.  This problem is my main reason for
getting on this mailing-list.  If you have an idea, I'm all ears :-)

Thanks
Raphael