Trouble with mtd partition

Ccool ccool at ninjatech.biz
Fri Aug 27 02:10:53 EDT 2004

Hello,

This trouble might look like a neebies, but I'm really having a hard time with
this.  I installed a few options in my kernel so I could have an mtd
character device.  I tried edit physmap.c and whenever I was never abler to
get anything more than one big partition of my flash disk.

something like:
mtd0	01000000	00040000	"Physical map something"

I would really like it if I could have an mtd0, and also mtd1, mtd2, etc.
like in my configuration file.  If anyone knows "a magic trick" or anything
that could help me with that.  I cannot really work with only one big
partition, because there is some data that I don't want to erase (bootloader)
on the flash disk.  So if you could help me, I would appreciate it very much.

If it helps (because I surely don't understand what's happenning), it is like
if the partition structure in the physmap.c was not taken count off.  I tried
also to put some information into the init string, mtdparts=...  but even
with all the examples that I found via google, I never had anything up and
working.  If I could only have this structure working.  In attachement, there
is my physmap.c (pretty much basic).  I've also tried with the rpxlite.c,
because it is my board, and it did'nt work.  Actually, in rpxlite.c, I did'nt
find any place to put my partitions structure.  My board is an RPXlite with
16 meg of ram and 16 meg of Flash, they have mpc823e processor.  I have CW
and DW version of this board.  As the memory map is a little different, I've
only pu some example for the DW.

Thanks
Raphaël