[H2200-port] HAMCOP NAND driver

Matthew Reimer mreimer at vpop.net
Thu Aug 26 17:57:44 EDT 2004

Hi Joshua.

Joshua Wise wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any reason why HAMCOP NAND driver is not in the MTD directory
> and MTD CVS as all the other NAND drivers are?

I can't recall exactly, but I probably put it there because it seemed
like it ought to live with the rest of its SoC brethren, or it was
easier. I think my first version did live in with mtd. It doesn't matter
to me where it lives. Where does its cousin S3C2410 NAND driver live?

> Also, what is the status of that driver? A quick flip through seems to
> show that it's only got support for read-in commands, although I'm not
> too familiar with the HAMCOP's NAND architecture. If it's only got
> read support, is someone already working on write? (If not, I will
> volunteer to do that... don't want to duplicate work, though.)

Write support is there, but I haven't had the courage to try it out. :-)
There is a write_enable module_param for shamcop_nand, which if set to 1
would theoretically allow writes (which amounts to just setting the
write enable bit).

Now that you're all set up with JTAG, you seem like the best person to
try it out. :-)

Matt