supporting stupid chips part II

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Aug 20 19:26:33 EDT 2004

Hi.

I've hacked some new read/write functions and a new command function
too, and I can now get to the 24th block before it complains that every
subsequent block is a bad erase block.

The controller is a pest. for writes of commands, it needs bytes. for
the address it needs a word.

for everything else? god only knows. I think probably words for data
transfers.

having never used MTD before, Im not sure how to go about testing it.

Does it require userspace tools?
Should I see anything in /proc/mtd (or anywhere else) ?
What should I expect it to do, given the disk probably has a SSFDC DOS
filesystem on it (winCE handheld device)?