mkfs.jffs2

Stefan Stürke sst at pandatel.com
Fri Aug 13 10:45:11 EDT 2004

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 <at> infradead.org> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 12:02 +0000, Stefan Stürke wrote:
> > My problem is, that I cannot be sure which erasesize the
> > target flash will have. Because two flash types with different
> > sector sizes (64k and 128k) have to be supported.
> >
> > Is it possible to create a jffs2 image that can run on both flashes,
> > or do I have to create two diffenent images?
>
> You can use the smaller erasesize, as long as you don't include
> cleanmarkers.
>
> > My current command for creating the filesystem is:
> >
> > mkfs.jffs2 -b -e $erasesize -p -r $source -o fs.jffs2
>
> Use:
>  -b -e 64KiB -p -n -r $source -o fs.jffs2

Ok, thank you, that looks much better.
When I load this filesystem to the flashdevice with the 128k sectors
I get now only one type of error messages:

jffs2_scan_empty(): Empty block at 0x0000fffc ends at 0x00010000 (with
0x1985e002)! Marking dirty

Is it save to ignore these errors?

Thanks again
Stefan