Newbie help! - Old AMD (cfi_cmdset_0002) interleaved flash problems

Oliver Korpilla okorpil at fh-landshut.de
Mon Apr 26 15:57:38 EDT 2004

Shawn Jin wrote:

> A general remark is that the current CVS code of cmdset_0002 may not
> work on all interleaved chips. If I were you, I would try some older
> version, e.g. the code coming with DENX distribution (v 1.62).
>
> -Shawn.

Thank you, Shawn.

If you mean v 1.62 if cfi_cmdset_0002.c, this is what actually comes
with Linux 2.4.25, and I tried that. On top of the timeouts I get a
kernel panic as well on a timeout with that version.

Did you mean that, or am I getting my versions wrong?

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-April/009660.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-April/009666.html

Both these references above are why I cannot actually go with that
release (I currently have tested 1.62, 1.93 and 1.98(current)).

Is this simply a too low timeout problem (which I guess it isn't -
timeout seems now to be longer, and it still doesn't help), or is it a
problem of the write failing (so a timeout will show in any case)? I'm
beginning to guess the 2nd one.

With kind regards,
Oliver Korpilla