Write function for 16 bit NAND Flash

Shen Aaron-r62966 Aaron.Shen at motorola.com
Thu Apr 22 23:43:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

  I'm investigating to write boot code into an empty 16 bit NAND Flash. I met some problem, and if you have some experience, please be kindly to share with me.

  The current write program is for 8 bit NAND Flash(Samsung K9F5608Q0C) and is loaded by AXD. The flash is 32 page per block and 528(512+16) byte per page.  I use int type pointer to copy the boot data into the main area buffer of the flash. It's successful as I read back the data from the flash to verify.

  As the 16 bit NAND Flash(Samsung K9F5616Q0C) is also 32 page per block but 264(256+8) word per page, I try to use short int type pointer to copy. The data has truly been copied into the main area buffer of the flash. But after I read back it from the flash, it seems to be all 0xFFFF. Seems the data are not writen into the flash at all.

  Any comments and suggestion?

Thanks.
-Aaron.