Additional devices, jedec reset and dc21285 fixes

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Thu Apr 15 09:26:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 05:15, Vincent Sanders wrote:
> OK
> Here are a small series of patches (as discussed with dwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwm2 ;-)
>
> The first adds two SST devices to the jedec_probe (they use the SST
> page writing algor - patch to follow).

You are patching against an old version of jedec_probe.c.  It would be
good if all of your patches were against something more recent.

> The third is possibly the most contentious and most
> interesting...while playing with the various SST and MACRONIX devices
> on the footbridge systems (second patch) I have discovered the jedec
> reset sequence...doesnt reset anything but AMD/Intel devices with the
> short reset sequence! - please see the patch and comment and discuss
> as required.

The patch seems sane - I know that the devices I work with work either
way and so the patch shouldn't change anything (I haven't tried it,
though).  Hmmm - I wonder what Intel parts might do - it's been long
enough since I worked with one that I just can't remember.  I think
it'll work with those, too.

> As mentioned the SST devices above use a (currently) unimplemented
> command set - when its clean enough I shall submit the driver for this
> command set, it currently reads fine but writing seems to have issues
> (SST seem to have been on a differing planet inventing this one).

Not just that one - I have a list of SST chips and bugs as long as my
arm that are different than what the rest of the world does.  Yuck.

--
Thayne Harbaugh
Linux Networx