kernel oops in cfi_cmdset_0002.c:do_write_one()...

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Apr 8 03:16:13 EDT 2004

Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 09:43, Steven Scholz wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>on my embedded PPC system with linux-2.425 I have two flash devices.
>

>>Warning: DQ5 raised while program operation was in progress, however operation completed OK
>>Warning: DQ5 raised while program operation was in progress, however operation completed OK
>>Warning: DQ5 raised while program operation was in progress, however operation completed OK
>>Waiting for write to complete timed out in do_write_oneword.
>

> These error messages are from an ancient version of cfi_cmdset_0002.c.
> They come from over-efficient software design that didn't consider the
> quirks of how a flash chip works. Have you tried a recent version?

Ehm. I am using a 2.4.25 kernel. I thought the MTD code in there should be
quiet recent...

How can I check the version of the MTD code in my kernel tree?

--
Steven Scholz

imc Measurement & Control               imc Meßsysteme GmbH
Voltastr. 5                             Voltastr. 5
13355 Berlin                            13355 Berlin
Germany                                 Deutschland