patch for AMD am29dl800b

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Apr 2 00:57:32 EST 2004

Please don't reply to unrelated threads. This isn't about bad blocks and
doesn't live with the message to which you replied.

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 18:01 -0600, David Updegraff wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a gadget with this amd chip on it.  Whose id and layout dfn. is
> not in the jedec_probe tables.  Unfortuanately, they have _SIX_ (6)
> erase regions.  Anyone know of a reason expanding the regions[] array to
> 6 is a bad idea?  Or why dealing with this chip in general is a bad idea?

Hmmm. And this chip really doesn't do CFI?

I wonder how much space we take up with this table, and if we should put
the regions outside the table rather than inline ("ulong *regions").