raw nand on x86 - reference boards

daniel at dmhome.net daniel at dmhome.net
Mon Sep 29 06:27:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 17:54, David Woodhouse wrote:

> You can just use the DiskOnChip as raw NAND

> -- look at
> drivers/mtd/nand/diskonchip.c
Yep, i've seen that one, I completely forgot about it! Good idea, also
the boards I am working with all have a doc socket already.

> Pick a bootloader to stick into flash with the BIOS. Add NAND flash and
> JFFS2 support, and make it can load and run a kernel from the JFFS2 file
> system (or even a separate raw partition of the flash).
Originally I was thinking about using etherboot as a base to start from,
add support for booting images from a raw flash partition. (they already
have this for booting from disk).

Thanks a lot,