missing function 'unlikely'

J.D. Bakker bakker at thorgal.et.tudelft.nl
Tue Sep 9 05:14:01 EDT 2003

At 10:12 +0200 09-09-2003, Luca Contini wrote:
>Hi all,
>I've downloaded the snapshot 2003-08-28 and I'm trying to use it with kernel
>2.4.18.
>The mtdblock module is compiled with no problems but when i try to insert it I
>get this error:
>'unresolved symbol unlikely'
>I've done a grep on the entire kernel tree but with no result.

Which version of gcc are you using ?

unlikely() is an optimization hint to the compiler, telling it that
the conditional statement in question is expected to be false.

As a hack, you can disable it by including

#define unlikely(x) (x)

in the affected source files. I would suggest upgrading your tools, though.

HTH,

JDB.
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/