SmartMedia FAT

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Oct 28 18:33:08 EST 2003

> Implementing SMTL really shouldn't be that hard. The mtd_blkdevs code in
> CVS handles all the horridness of the Linux block layer for you and you
> only need to write readsector() and writesector() routines. There's code
> in drivers/usb/storage/sddr09.c which may help, since those devices make
> the host do the translation.

The flip side to this is that if you can find an SDDR09  you could likely get
YAFFS/JFFS2 working with that by bypassing the usb storage driver and
exposing it as NAND to mtd. However, SDDR09's are pretty rare. Samsung does
make a USB device for experimenting with NAND that could be used for the same
purpose.

I agree with David that the SMTL is simple. I have the code for a Win2K
version which I am not allowed to release.

-- Charles