INFTL problems

Chris Ellec cellec at celerity.net
Tue Oct 28 12:32:00 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a WinSystems devel board with a DOC on it. Dinfo from MSystems
reports a DOC 2000 at address D800 with 256 MB and an INFTL format.

I apllied the latest CVS patches to 2.4.22, but I can't seem to detect
the chip.

I followed the doc in CVS and compiled as modules with the following

-------------------  from .config  ---------------------------
#
# Memory Technology Devices (MTD)
CONFIG_MTD=m
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE=3
CONFIG_MTD_CHAR=m
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=m
CONFIG_NFTL=m
CONFIG_NFTL_RW=y
CONFIG_INFTL=m

# Self-contained MTD device drivers
CONFIG_MTD_DOC2000=m
CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE=m
CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE_ADDRESS=0

#
# NAND Flash Device Drivers
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS=m
------------- end of .config  ----------------------------

Then I do
# modprobe -a doc2000  inftl mtdchar mtdblock
# modprobe -a docprobe
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/driver/mtd/devices/docprobe.o: init_module:
Resource temporarily unavailable
insmod docprobe failed

in /var/log/messages I get:
INFL: inftlcore.c $Revision 1.14 inftlmount.c $Revision 1.12
No Recognized DiskOnChip found

Now what do I do ?

Chris.