Intel K3 Flash + MTD

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 26 15:17:35 EST 2003

That sounds like the status bit that you are reading back.
Most flashes give back status after you issue them commands
(like all of your unlocks, for instance).  Usually you put them
back into "read mode" by writing a particular byte to them
after reading the status.  Try writing an FF to the flash.
Check your flash chip's datasheet for the exact sequence that
you must use to put it back in read mode.

Chuck Meade