Huge cfi_cmdset_0002 changes

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Wed Oct 22 14:28:26 EDT 2003

I just committed some major changes to cfi_cmdset_0002:

* removed *_onesize() functions - they didnt optimize that much
  and only increased code size and maintenance overhead.

* added lock/unlock functions - these likely only work on a very
  narrow set of chips, but it gives a place to start.

* made more similar to cfi_cmdset_0001 - helps cross-maintenance
  and understanding.

* do_write_oneword() checks for a NOP before writing - *huge*
  speedup and avoids some buggy chip behavior.

* revised some comments for better readability and understanding.

* likely some other subtle changes.

I'd like to request that those with buffered writes and
erase-suspend/write applications give this a try and see if I've
horribly broken anything.

Thanks for your patience and bug reports.

PS.  I think by now I have all of the submitted patches *finally* rolled
in.  If you have a patch that isn't in the latest version then let me
know!

--
Thayne Harbaugh
Linux Networx