Mount of jffs2 partition fails

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Fri Oct 17 00:10:01 EDT 2003

No more replies to myself - promise...
Patch below:-))

Robin Gilks wrote:

> In a message from Stuart Menefy on (CFI fixup code ref:
> <20030523235020.3ca198e1.stuart.menefy at st.com>) on 24th May 2003, this
> exact problem was highlighted and is due to the ST chip not supporting
> the buffer write mode of the Intel CFI chips. I'll try applying Stuarts
> patches to 2.4.22 stock kernel and see how I get on!!
>
> I'm still working on why the lock/unlock is operating correctly (or
> should I just unprotect the block that MTD is using in the bootstrap?)

Looks like I was on the right lines - the fixups that Stuart introduced
just didn't go far enough!! The m28w320cb also doesn't support buffer
write (just like the m28w320ct doesn't) so a 2 line patch fixes it :-))

The bootloader is providing the correct unlock status of the flash over
the partition I'm interested in so nearly all my errors have gone away.
Just got to now work out why I get

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k cmdlinepart, errno = 2
cmdlinepart partition parsing not available
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k RedBoot, errno = 2
RedBoot partition parsing not available

at boot time when I have no modules defined in my system at all!!

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand