NAND flash

Eugeny Mints eugeny.mints at auriga.ru
Thu Oct 9 11:04:27 EDT 2003

Hello,

Could anybody help me to solve such a problem with JFFS2 and NAND flash:
- the NAND flash Toshiba TC58256AFTI
- kernel 2.4.22 with latest MTD and JFFS2
- handy-written miniport for the paticular flash chip

The device works OK almost in any case, but when I try to execute  while
true; do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mnt/foo count=1000; done after 10-15
minutes the system hangs; I cannot login from console or via telnet, but
it is still ping'able. I tried to use YAFFS, perform dd to device itself
instead of file on the filesystem on top of flash - no hangs were
observed.

Could anybody help me, please?
--
cheers, dmitry pervushin