booting from DOC

Felix Frey ffrey at freesurf.ch
Tue Nov 25 02:09:17 EST 2003

> The grub loader boots from the DOC but stops at the grub prompt, how do I
> get grub to boot my kernel image ?
> in karims book it talks about building a root filesystem and
> /boot/grub/menu.lst but I can't see how this can run without the modules
> loaded needed by the kernel (e.g. docecc.o, doc2000.o etc) confused ;/ ...

Grub stage2 contains the code which can access a filesystem (and the DoC, of
course)
For a step-by-step howto, read these instructions:
 http://www.lakeshoremicro.com/diskonchip-grub-howto.html
For more infos on grub, IBM has written a nice tutorial:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linuxgrub-i.html?S_TACT=103AMW03&S_CMP=EDU

Felix