INFTL report

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Nov 7 19:02:42 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 17:24 -0800, Chris Ellec wrote:
> INFTL: corrupt block 7140 in chain 7140, chain length 0, erase mark 0x0?
> INFTL: formatting chain at block 7140
> INFTL: error while formatting block 7140
>
> repeated for a few more addresses.

Hmmm. I suspect those could be bad blocks, and we're not interpreting
the Bad Block Table correctly. I really do need to spent a little time
on fixing the BBT handling for all the DiskOnChip devices; I want to
make it completely impossible to erase a bad block without hacking the
code to allow it.

Can you take a complete dump of the /dev/mtd0 device with nanddump and
let me have a copy, please?

> also the loading of docprobe.o seem to fail most of times, even though
> /dev/inftla1 is available for me to mount and create files on it.

That's intentional and harmless. It installs the appropriate (doc2000)
driver and exits having done its work -- the docprobe module _really_ is
just for probing.

--
dwmw2