CFI fixup code

Stuart Menefy stuart.menefy at st.com
Fri May 23 18:50:20 EDT 2003

Folks

Having been bitten several times now by buggy CFI data in various chips, I
thought I'd try and come up with an generic mechanism for working round
this problem.

The changes come in two parts. The largest change is actually just a tidy
up of the code which reads extended CFI tables, providing a utility
function which can be shared by the various CFI command sets, and ensuring
that the device manufacturer and ID is always available.

The second part of the patch is then very small. Simply provide a table
of fixup routines, which can be called as required, to fixup the CFI data.

The current Intel StrataFlash and AMD boot block location bugs have been
moved to use the new mechanism, and I've added a couple of fixups for ST
Flash devices which have appeared in this list over the last year or so.

The patches are available from:
  ftp://ftp.superhlinux.com/pub/people/stuart/cfifixup/

Any comments welcome.

Stuart