Generating a NAND Image

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Thu May 15 12:48:10 EDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 17:10, Earl Manning wrote:
> Is there a way to get a complete image off of a NAND part?  I have a
> partition describing the complete chip, but I need the OOB data inline with
> the rest of the data.  We need to send the data off to have it pre-burned
> in the flash chips.

mtd/util/nanddump.c
The only missing thing there is the userspace supllied ECC function. See
nandwrite.c for an example. If you don't have it, you will read without ECC
and you will get tons of kernel warnings.

P.S.
Could you provide a patch please, if it works ? :):)

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de