help: network cannot startup from FLASH

Jasmine Strong jasmine at hex.linuxgrrls.org
Mon Mar 24 09:09:06 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, guo_zhenglin wrote:

> I modify file: arch/ppc/8xx_io/enet.c:

Looks like your bootloader's data area is different when you
boot from Flash as opposed to booting from the RAM.  Maybe
the bootloader is trashing the EAP when you boot from Flash?  Or maybe
you jsut skip the part of the setup routine that sets the Enet
configuration?  This would make sense if the bootloader had some kind
boot-from-ethernet support that was causing it to get initialized when you
boot via the RAM system but not when you are booting from flash directly.

-J.