Using a DoC [continued]

Henrik Nordstrom hno at marasystems.com
Sun Mar 16 17:45:08 EST 2003

If you get as far as GRUB then you should be able to boot pretty much
anything by just entering the correct grub command line..

Your options to bypass GRUB when installed on the DoC depends on how your
GRUB was built. There is many ways of having the GRUB "DoC BIOS" build,
giving various degree of bypass capability

a) If the bootblock includes the bypass hook then just press the required
key combination (Control key in the versions of this patch I have seen) to
temporarily disable GRUB.

b) If GRUB is built to hook into network boot (INT18) instead of bootstrap
(INT19) then disable LAN booting in your system BIOS. This is recommended
if you want a flexible boot procedure as the boot order is then under the
control of your system BIOS, but I suspect this may collide with other
network boot roms in some systems..

Neither of these GRUB bypass options is enabled by default.

Both methods are documented in README_DiskOnChip.

Regards
Henrik