quick question

Stephen Brown sbrown at stirling-dynamics.com
Thu Jun 26 07:00:33 EDT 2003

Hi all,

what do you all think about this:

http://www.m-sys.com/content/products/product.asp?PID=17&FILE=DOCIdePro&FAM=
doc

if I used this as a standard IDE device does this mean that I wouldn't
require any MTD drivers for linux and just use the standard IDE?

if so could I format this as EXT2 fs and contain my ROOT file system on it?
or would I still run the risk of power failure disk error etc?

 I mean I can load my ROOT fs into memory so thats not a problem, see the
thing is at the moment I can't get the MTD drivers to work with the onboard
'Msys D-O-C' on an Ampro p5e module, reason being is Ampro use part of the
FLASH to store the bios for the ampro board and have specific tools for
formatting etc, so I boot from a dos partition using 'LoadLin' or I can boot
from a Harddrive connected to the IDE, so in my case maybe the 'IDE PRO' is
an alternative , also to save recompiling the kernel for the p5e maybe..

anyways let me know what you think,

kind regards

stephen

http://www.star.net.uk