NAND write verify failed problem -->cramfs

Kevin Liao kevinliao at iei.com.tw
Fri Jun 6 05:54:40 EDT 2003

Sorry I am new to this list and I have two questions as below:

1. To loop mount a CRAMFS (root file system) image on one JFFS2 partition, we should mount that partition first, shouldn't we? But
how can we mount that JFFS2 partition without mounting the root file system?

2. Currently I use NAND flash with ramdisk image on /dev/mtdblock1 as the root file system. Usually I write the ramdisk image using
the command "nandwrite /dev/mtdblock1 ramdisk.gz". So far everything works fine. But I am wondering whether the kernel can still
load the ramdisk image if there are some bad blocks on /dev/mtdblock1?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,
Kevin