Help to understand error messages (MTD on Samsung NAND chips)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 16 18:34:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 09:51, llandre wrote:
> thanks for your quick response. I downloaded and applied the latest
> snapshot (2003-07-15) but, after that, I can't build my own low-level
> driver, derived it from Marius Gröger's edb7312.c, anymore :-(

I changed a lot of stuff in the nand drivers. In drivers/mtd/nand, run
the command: cvs diff -up -D "last month" edb7312.c

> I have a very strange error about the __init end __exit keywords?!?!

#include <linux/init.h>

> Besides, I had a look at the new MTD's sources and I saw that some
> functions changed the formal parameteres (for example nand_scan).

Add the extra 'struct mtd_info *' argument to your own methods; you can
ignore it if you want. Pass '1' as the second argument to nand_scan()
since you only have one chip there.

--
dwmw2