NFTL not recognizing disk on chip in some cases

Raphael Hertzog eng at eipm.ch
Thu Jan 30 05:14:00 EST 2003

Am Don, 2003-01-30 um 09.05 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> > Because in the first case the 'ANAND' went somewhere other than the first
> > page of an erase block, so wasn't seen as an 'extra' media header? Taking
> > raw dumps of the flash would confirm this.
>
> I'll do that to check it.

It looks like you're right.

When the image is ok, the problematic ANAND is on the dump at offset
0x778800 (it's a multiple of 512 but not of 16k) ... when the image is
bad it is at offset 0x6cc000 (which is a multiple of 512 and 16k).

I'm currently compiling the modules with your patch to see if it's ok.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog - EIPM SA