16 NANDS

Marc Neiger m.neiger at synergie-inf.com
Mon Jan 6 17:42:08 EST 2003

Hi Charles,

Of course you properly understood I forgot to type "16bits wide".

I was thinking about products such as Samsung K9F5616U0B wich is a 256Mbit
NAND flash. Page size is 512 + 16 OOB bytes. So the problem is just
regarding the data transfer width as the page size are the same as the
already supported chips/architectures. Moreover it is quite complicated as
the commands and addresses are still transfered as 8 bits, only data are
transfered as 16bits.

However, as a newcomer in the embbeded linux world, and although I feel like
it should be quite simple, I don't feel like doing the software modification
myself...

Cheers,
Marc Neiger