mtd partition1 corruption during writes to JFFS2 on partition2.

Vipin Malik vipin at embeddedlinuxworks.com
Mon Feb 3 09:13:25 EST 2003

Hi Jocke,

Thanks for the reply.

>I also have several partions(ppcboot, kernel and JFFS2) and I never had any
>problems to update ppcboot or kernel(cp file /dev/mtdblock0) while JFFS2
>is mounted.
>I am using cmdset0001 driver, so perhaps it's a driver problem?

I'll take a look. Anyone care to tell me where the locking to prevent
multiple processes from accessing the flash at the same time takes place?
(is this a chip driver feature or an mtd feature? There are some spin locks
in the cfo_cmdset0002.c driver but AFAIK spin locks are really NOPS on 1P
machines.

>If you will play with the cmdset0002 driver, consider to add point/unpoint
>support(already in cmdset0001).

What's that? XIP? I'll look into it if I start to hack the driver.

>Recently(a few weeks ago) a locking bug in JFFS2 was fixed which bit me during
>boot, don't think this what's biting you though.

I'm running 2.4.20 Is the fix in there?

Vipin