example scripts to save and restore DiskOnChip bad block table around a nftl_format operation

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 12 11:08:00 EST 2003

I created some scripts that save/restore the bad block table of my
DiskOnChip device.  This allows me to save the bbt, run nftl_format,
then restore the bbt.

I modified the scripts, which actually worked with 2 DiskOnChip
devices on my target, to only use one device for clarity's sake.
I then added a bunch of comments and annoying disclaimers, etc.
I added lines at the top so you cannot use the scripts without
editing them for your particular target or you will probably
trash your DOC.  So if after all these mods they don't run quite
right, you know why.  I had to deliver the target they ran on
so I can't test them in their modified state.

There is no warranty with these at all.  I send them out since
they worked well for me (at least before I added all the comments,
etc.).

When I needed such a tool and could not find one, I thought that
after writing them I would send them to the group so someone might
benefit from them as examples.

Chuck Meade
chuckmeade at mindspring.com